• Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    amigadave
    Quote:

jacadcaps wrote:
    Yeah sorry, I should have removed this script long ago. You should set CC to the compiler of your choice.

So am I right in guessing that noobs like me are going to need some assistance in setting up the new SDK and choosing which GCC compiler version to download, setup, and use, so that I can get back to learning the basics of C/C++ programming on MorphOS? I'll be using Hollywood programming language most of the time, but would like to also get back to slowly learning the basics of C/C++ programming, or at least have it set up on my MorphOS systems, so I can show the SDK and newer GCC compiler versions supported, to other users at the AmiWest Show.

Edit: I'm assuming that the SDK and the different versions of GCC are downloaded and installed separately. Noobs like me need advice on which version of GCC to install, and why that version should be used. Unless it is unstable, or does not produce code that is best optimized for MorphOS, I would think that the latest version of GCC would probably be the proper one to install, yes?

[ Edited by amigadave 11.10.2019 - 09:03 ]
    MorphOS - The best Next Gen Amiga choice.
  • »11.10.19 - 16:56