• MorphOS Developer
    Nadir
    Quote:

Minuous wrote:
    Writing documentation is part of development; there is no point in spending the 99% effort of adding features and then avoiding the 1% effort of documenting them; no one will know they are there or how to use them.

It is very well to adopt this kind of thinking to a commercial development project but I really think it is a bit arrogant of you to have views of how other people should spend even a small part of their spare time. I for instance typically don’t have the energy or interest, after a full day at work, to come home and work on documentation. MorphOS is my hobby and I work on things that interest me.

You also have to understand that the largest share, by far, of MorphOS development happens inside the team and we have source access and example code to look at when documentation is lacking.

Besides, I do not at all agree that writing good documentation is a small undertaking. Documenting the whole MorphOS api (including OS3 libs) in a professional way would probably take several years of full time work. You are more than welcome if you want to contribute to this.
  • »17.12.18 - 19:34