Which Isochronous audio devices tested OK on v3.10
  • Just looking around
    Quote:

NewSense wrote:
    Why was this Isochronous implementation released in such a state, surely it needs so much more testing and fixing that it was not worth including with v3.10 in this current state. I think v3.10 will go down as the worst release so far in the history of v3.x of MorphOS, IMHO.

Hmm. Releasing in its current state is a great way to get "so much more testing." I am happy about this. And thanks for testing and posting your results here. :)

I tried out USB audio support with a device which simply says "Sabrent" and has a headphone jack and input jack. It shows up in AHI as a device named "USB Audio Device????" but I cannot get any audio to come out of it.

Trident shows: Product ID: 20 (=0x0014)
    Product version: 0100
    Manufacturer: C-Media Electronics Inc.

Audio interface (0) shows bound to 1 (Audio Control)
    but its audio interfaces (1) and (2) each show no binding.

FWIW, 3.10 has been the most stable version of MorphOS I've used so far on my Mac Mini G4. I have probably put in more hours on it already than any previous version.
  • »05.06.18 - 02:14
    Profile Visit Website
  • Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    NewSense
    Quote:

uchar wrote: FWIW, 3.10 has been the most stable version of MorphOS I've used so far on my Mac Mini G4. I have probably put in more hours on it already than any previous version.

I'd like to be able to agree with you, but I have had the situation under v3.10 where I've had a system lockup and as a result needed to reboot to get back to Ambient, with no HDD/devices shown on screen, or accessible on the system, and required a 30 second minimum cold-reboot to get my system to start correctly.

I've also had total system lockups with both SnoopDOS, and Snoopium, which occurred after a matter of only 20 seconds or so, after starting them running to try to work out a specific system call, which yet again required a 30 second cold-reboot in each instance.

These issues never happened under any earlier versions of MorphOS up to v3.9, but have happened ONLY when running v3.10.

I've had system fails under earlier versions of MorphOS, who hasn't? However, never of this nature, and with such fundamental parts of the OS, and as to what has caused them is a mystery to me at the moment, and a cause for concern.
    Mac Mini 1.5GHz, Model 10.2, 64MB VRam, 250GB HDD, 1GB RAM, Airport, Bluetooth, Wireless Keyboard & Mouse, DVD-RW-DL+CD-RW, Iomega MiniMax, Belkin 6 port 3 x Firewire/3 x USB2, MorphOS 3.9, Mac OS X 10.4 & 10.5 & A1138 Powerbook MOS v3.9, Model 5,8 (Also
  • »05.06.18 - 05:00
  • MorphOS Developer
    jacadcaps
    3.11 fixes several issues with USB audio.

I've tested two USB Audio 2 Bluetooth dongles:

Anttus BT

and

Avantree Leaf

with the Leaf being a better option IMHO.

Both work and will let you use Bluetooth headphones with MorphOS.
  • »06.07.18 - 13:53
    Profile Visit Website