• Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    NewSense
    Quote:

uchar wrote: FWIW, 3.10 has been the most stable version of MorphOS I've used so far on my Mac Mini G4. I have probably put in more hours on it already than any previous version.

I'd like to be able to agree with you, but I have had the situation under v3.10 where I've had a system lockup and as a result needed to reboot to get back to Ambient, with no HDD/devices shown on screen, or accessible on the system, and required a 30 second minimum cold-reboot to get my system to start correctly.

I've also had total system lockups with both SnoopDOS, and Snoopium, which occurred after a matter of only 20 seconds or so, after starting them running to try to work out a specific system call, which yet again required a 30 second cold-reboot in each instance.

These issues never happened under any earlier versions of MorphOS up to v3.9, but have happened ONLY when running v3.10.

I've had system fails under earlier versions of MorphOS, who hasn't? However, never of this nature, and with such fundamental parts of the OS, and as to what has caused them is a mystery to me at the moment, and a cause for concern.
    MacMini 1.5GHz,64MB VRAM, PowerBooks A1138/9 (Model 5,8/9),PowerMac G5 2.3GHz(DP), iMac A1145 2.1GHz 20", all with MorphOS v3.18+,Airport,Bluetooth,A1016 Keyboard,T-RB22 Mouse,DVD-RW-DL,MiniMax,Firewire/USB2 & MacOSX 10.4/5
  • »05.06.18 - 05:00