• Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    NewSense
    I actually re-installed v3.10, to see if this would resolve any/all of the issues I have encountered with v3.10 - no such luck. :-(

Anyway, I selected my C-Media headphone/microphone USB hardware, which was listed in the AHI prefs, both before I re-installed and since. I then plugged in some powered 3.5mm jack speakers but no sound came out of them when I played some music with Jukebox, but when I ran a video file in MPlayer the sound came out of the speakers. However, the video file did not come out of my sound system for the rest of MorphOS - but the music via Jukebox came out as usual, but with no additional audio from the MPlayer video file. The only audio that came from the C-Media USB hardware/speakers was the video file audio, nothing from Jukebox/System sounds, and as others have said - no volume control, which seems a little ridiculous.

So I chose the C-Media USB hardware to also be the main Music Unit, to see if the music from Jukebox would play on my speakers, and saved the settings.

Then I re-booted, and the machine wouldn't start, it got to the boot screen, but no further. I tried this several times, but it wouldn't go any further.

So I disconnected the C-Media USB hardware, and the system booted, basically as normal, then I changed the AHI options to use ONLY the built-in audio.

I do not intend to re-test the Isochronous implementation again, until there is a fix for this and the other issues that seem to be plaguing it at this stage.

Why was this Isochronous implementation released in such a state, surely it needs so much more testing and fixing that it was not worth including with v3.10 in this current state. I think v3.10 will go down as the worst release so far in the history of v3.x of MorphOS, IMHO.
    Mac Mini 1.5GHz, Model 10.2, 64MB VRam, 250GB HDD, 1GB RAM, Airport, Bluetooth, Wireless Keyboard & Mouse, DVD-RW-DL+CD-RW, Iomega MiniMax, Belkin 6 port 3 x Firewire/3 x USB2, MorphOS 3.9, Mac OS X 10.4 & 10.5 & A1138 Powerbook MOS v3.9, Model 5,8 (Also
  • »12.04.18 - 05:21