Yokemate of Keyboards
    Jim
    Quote:

Intuition wrote:
    Quote:

Jim wrote:
    Quote:

Intuition wrote:

Why the feck would I want to plug my very expensive studio equipment into a MorphOS machine?

Because you can. Does anything an Amiga (or are we still trying to distance ourselves from that "cursed" name) enthusiast do have to make good economic sense?

Why do I want to use a video card in my G5 that costs more than the G5?
    Because it can be done.

Why did we go to the moon?
    Because we could.

Exploration (hey, and maybe killing a few natives), Europe ought to understand that idea. Its how you helped found my country.

And no, there are no natives on the moon (I just had to prevent that inevitable comment).

There's literally no software available that could make use of this type of hardware Jim, even if drivers got written. And if there were, I wouldn't use it on an os with no memory protection.

Different tools for different jobs, MorphOS isn't suitable for everything.

Yeah, I don't get the lack of memory protection, but I'm sure it's a legacy Amiga thing.
    Even though software memory protection can fail, it worked reasonably well even on the 68K.
    Then again, I was using an OS that required position independent code and writing into an incorrect memory area is a little harder with you have that and a micro kernel based memory mapper.

Still, we're not getting that until a shift to X64, if then.
    So be it.
    "Never attribute to malice what can more readily explained by incompetence"
  • »09.04.18 - 21:14