• Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    amyren
    I did run AmiBlitz3 on MorpOS 3.10/3.11 for testing and although I did not experience problems with the AmiBlitz3 program itself, I found that the resulting executables did not work as expected on MorphOS.

I did start on that Amiga Future tutorial, but spun off as soon as I learned how to create a basic OS friendly GUI with some gadtools buttons and strings. It turned into a small project to make some sort of GUI driven text adventure intended for my kids to play with.

It works well enaugh using it in AmiKit (winuae), but running the executable on MorphOS it acts strange.
    I found that if I use the MouseWait command in my program, it will not work in MorpOS. I could get around this by using waitevent instead. Also I have some counters not working properly, so I guess that is the timer function that does not work properly. A third issue is that it does not seem to be able to read content from gadtools stings.
    I probably can find a way around these issues as well, but there are probably more issues that I havent seen yet. This is a bit sad, since Blitz seem to be an easy (and Free) way to get started with programming.
  • »11.09.18 - 09:24