Order of the Butterfly
    igracki
    Is this version downloadable?
    Looks very interesting!
  • »23.05.16 - 10:08
    Profile Visit Website
  • Acolyte of the Butterfly
    Acolyte of the Butterfly
    No still not, it needs a little bit more work only some days.
  • »23.05.16 - 23:03
    Profile Visit Website
    Acolyte of the Butterfly
    It's now named Mapporium (OpenMaps is already taken ;-) ) an can be downloaded at:

http://blog.alb42.de/programs/mapparium/

have fun
  • »24.05.16 - 18:56
    Profile Visit Website
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    igracki
    Thanks, just tested it a bit and its very nice to have such a program!
    It already works very well!

The GUI seems to be a mix of MUI and something own, I thought it would be fully native MUI!?
    The cycle gadget is overlapping here with the "max. Tiles in Memory" gadget in the prefs window.
    Mapparium_prefs.png

I like the name Mapparium although Mapporium would be also good;)
  • »24.05.16 - 20:31
    Profile Visit Website
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    igracki
    How about supporting .kml routes?
  • »24.05.16 - 20:38
    Profile Visit Website
    Acolyte of the Butterfly
    Yes KML/KMZ is on the List.

Currently I work on height, speed and distance calculation and showing

http://blog.alb42.de/2016/05/25/there-is-a-hill/
  • »25.05.16 - 20:02
    Profile Visit Website
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    amigadave
    Quote:

ALB42 wrote:
    Last WE I fixed some serious bugs inside freepascal library units for morphos, therefore now the Lazarus component library (LCL) can be compiled automatically every night by my server.

It creates a ready-to-use package with Freepascal some tools, RTL, FCL, LCL and a short readme and place it to my webpage: FPC Experimental Release Packages

If someone is interested in it, take it, try it.
    Please notice, the LCL is far from finished, still many bugs inside, some items will not work or just crash. But its alreay enough to make some simple application or games. Example sources for such little applications can be found at GitHub

For more informations check my Blog

I found your website through a link in the Mapparium thread, and then saw the section(s) of your site devoted to FreePascal and saw that you supported MorphOS with a port of FreePascal, but when I went to the download page, there was no MorphOS version listed.

I looked all over your website trying to find a download link to the MorphOS version of FreePascal, but couldn't find it, so I returned here to MorphZone.org and searched for the keyword "FreePascal", and found this thread. Could you make it easier for MorphOS users to find a download link for the MorphOS version of FreePascal on your website (or tell me where I went wrong, when I was looking for it on your site), so people visiting your site, but not regular viewers of MorphZone.org can find the MorphOS version of FreePascal?

Thanks for supprting MorphOS with ports of your work to our favorite platform.
    MorphOS - The best Next Gen Amiga choice.
  • »28.06.16 - 19:59
  • ASiegel
    @ amigadave

Off-topic: The official URL is "morph.zone".
  • »28.06.16 - 20:08
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    amigadave
    Quote:

ASiegel wrote:
    @ amigadave

Off-topic: The official URL is "morph.zone".

Yes, I keep forgetting it was changed. Out of curiosity, why was MorphZone.org dropped?
  • »28.06.16 - 20:10
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    amigadave
    My mistake, it was the freepascal.org site I was having trouble finding a download link to the MorphOS version, even though MorphOS is listed as one of the platforms supported.

I did find the download on your site using the link in this thread. It now makes more sense to me, but it would be nice to have some kind of note on the freepascal.org site linking to your site for the MorphOS and other Amiga inspired platform versions.

[ Edited by amigadave 29.06.2016 - 01:16 ]
  • »29.06.16 - 06:59
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    amigadave
    Quote:

Andreas_Wolf wrote:
    >> The official URL is "morph.zone".

> Yes, I keep forgetting it was changed.

...to morphzone.info 3 years ago:-)

http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:https://morph.zone/modules/newbb_plus/viewtopic.php?topic_id%3D9407%26forum%3D14

Yes, but until very recently, web traffic to morphzone.org still redirected to morph.zone, without any notice to use the morph.zone url, and no warning telling visitors that they were redirected, unless you have your web browser set up to never redirect.

The first time I ever saw a request to use the morph.zone url, after being redirected when using the morphzone.org url was a couple days ago.

I find it strange that the url changed 3 years ago, as I have only owned this laptop for about 2-1/2 years, but I guess I may have imported the older morphzone.org bookmark from an even older desktop computer.

[ Edited by amigadave 29.06.2016 - 01:07 ]
  • »29.06.16 - 07:04
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    Intuition
    @ALB42

How far away is a fully working port of Lazarus IDE would you guesstimate?
    1.67GHz 15" PowerBook G4, 1GB RAM, 128MB Radeon 9700M Pro, 64GB SSD, MorphOS 3.15

2.7GHz DP G5, 4GB RAM, 512MB Radeon X1950 Pro, 500GB SSHD, MorphOS 3.9
  • »29.06.16 - 19:39
    Acolyte of the Butterfly
    Quote:

Intuition wrote:
    @ALB42

How far away is a fully working port of Lazarus IDE would you guesstimate?

Uhh thats a though question.

did you saw this blog entries?

(At MorphOS it will not work this way until now, Pagecontrols has some problems)

so with concentrated work it could be possible in a half year or a year, maybe.
    The main problem is motivation, I was not able to inspire people to use FreePascal/LCL for Amiga Systems. Even with my virtual Lazarus got some downloads, but nearly no feedback/error reports and because the whole things is completely buggy (as I notice myself when writing apps with it) I guess that means nobody really use it. Therefore I do what I think is the most promising to get some use/attention. And I prefer crosscompiling, because on developing it often happen that the whole machine crash on trivial errors you make in the process, then it's hard to continue after the needed reboot.
  • »30.06.16 - 20:21
    Profile Visit Website
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    amigadave
    Quote:

ALB42 wrote:
    The main problem is motivation, I was not able to inspire people to use FreePascal/LCL for Amiga Systems. Even with my virtual Lazarus got some downloads, but nearly no feedback/error reports and because the whole things is completely buggy (as I notice myself when writing apps with it) I guess that means nobody really use it. Therefore I do what I think is the most promising to get some use/attention. And I prefer crosscompiling, because on developing it often happen that the whole machine crash on trivial errors you make in the process, then it's hard to continue after the needed reboot.

Sorry to read that you did not get more interest in the MorphOS & AmigaOS versions of FreePascal. Unfortunately, there aren't many MorphOS & AmigaOS users interested in learning how to program (myself being one of the few exceptions), or new and veteran programmers are using other programming languages, so they are not interested in learning or using FreePascal. I hope you don't abandon continuing updates and improvements for the MorphOS & AmigaOS ports of FreePascal, but understand how not getting any feedback and encouragement can make it hard to keep spending your time on those ports.

I have chosen to learn how to program with Hollywood, as an easy first language (I have done some studying of other programming languages over the last 20 years, but never stuck with a schedule of learning them). Hollywood is being updated and expanded very actively, and being mostly a scripting language built using LUA, it should be easier to learn than starting with "C/C++", while hopefully being more versatile than any of the "Basic" programming languages available for MorphOS and AmigaOS systems. The fact that Hollywood (like Pascal) can be compiled for so many different platforms, is also a selling point to learn it. I can learn along with other MorphOS & AmigaOS users, and discuss learning problems on the provided Hollywood forum(s).
  • »02.07.16 - 19:02
  • Jim
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    Jim
    I'd love to have a functional version of Pascal.
    I used to favor that over BASIC.
    "Never attribute to malice what can more readily explained by incompetence"
  • »03.07.16 - 01:39
    Acolyte of the Butterfly
    @Jim:
    So? What hinders you to "have"?? see earlier links inside this thread or on my homepage.

@amigadave:
    I'm over it already, the text was more meant as explanation, not as complain or whining (even it reads a little bit like it when reading it now).
    Freepascal/Lazarus is a tiny niche, even on Windows/Linux. Amiga is a tiny niche as well. They both combined makes a microscopic niche of 2-3 people ;-)

If I'm interrested in a topic (like maps, GPS and so on atm. or before that the games). I just do the coding for the Amiga systems, instead for Linux/Windows as I did before. With the side effect, that the LCL becomes better after a while. But of course using this way, there is not clear line, no master plan or roadmap. :-)

I never got used to Hollywood, for me it's too compilcated, especially GUI creating feels like stone age. But I don't want to switch you or begin a language war, every language which brings the people to code something for any of the Amiga systems is good. In that way I like hollywood because it does a great job by inspiring people, not giving up on the platform.
  • »03.07.16 - 14:24
    Profile Visit Website
  • Jim
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    Jim
    Quote:

ALB42 wrote:
    @Jim:
    So? What hinders you to "have"?? see earlier links inside this thread or on my homepage.

Obtaining it, no problem.
    I need to find time to use the software.
    I am in the middle of several hardware projects, and today I have two five hour classes scheduled (they don't finish until 10:30 tonight).

But it will be fun to familarize myself with a more modern version of the language.
    Thanks.
    "Never attribute to malice what can more readily explained by incompetence"
  • »05.07.16 - 13:12
    Acolyte of the Butterfly
    @Jim:

The usual problem ;-)
  • »05.07.16 - 20:17
    Profile Visit Website
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    TheMagicM
    Can you post specs of the VM so I can use it in Virtualbox on Linux?
  • »02.01.17 - 16:10
    Profile Visit Website
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    TheMagicM
    Quote:

ALB42 wrote:

The main problem is motivation, I was not able to inspire people to use FreePascal/LCL for Amiga Systems. Even with my virtual Lazarus got some downloads, but nearly no feedback/error reports and because the whole things is completely buggy (as I notice myself when writing apps with it) I guess that means nobody really use it.

I'm interested but the problem with me is time. I have 2 certifications I'm studying for, I'm building a drag car and am studying fuel injection and tuning. I find myself mentally not interested in programming until I finish my 2 certifications for my job, then I can make time for programming again.
  • »02.01.17 - 16:20
    Profile Visit Website
    Acolyte of the Butterfly
    @TheMagicM:

you don't need an excuse, explanation or so :-) I know Pascal is a tiny niche, Amiga-systems is a tiny niche. Two very tiny niches combined gives a microscopic niche of fpc on Amiga ;-)

About the specs:

Memory 2 GB
    Processors 1
    Harddisk (SCSI) 20 GB
    CD/DVD (IDE) Auto detect
    Network Adapter NAT
    Sound card Auto detect
    Printer Present
    USB Controller Present
    Display Auto Detect

(btw the Image is made with VMWarePlayer 12.0 Linux)

[ Edited by ALB42 02.01.2017 - 18:49 ]
  • »02.01.17 - 18:46
    Profile Visit Website
    Acolyte of the Butterfly
    Latest nightlies of FreePascal for MorphOS use now vasm and vlink as default and have section linking implemented which reduce the file size dramatically.

see also:

Small is beautiful
    Small Smaller Smallest
  • »10.01.17 - 19:48
    Profile Visit Website