• Acolyte of the Butterfly
    Acolyte of the Butterfly
    Quote:

Synergy comes in handy but I get frequent disconnects :-/

:-O Synergy works? I never tried that. Disconnects? hmm some timing issue maybe, what exactly do you try? Do you have an example code?

Quote:

How do we get the GUI we design to look more "MorphOS" like (fonts etc)?

When I build a default form and add buttons, box etc, buttons are not WYSIWYG. I'm assuming thats just how it'll be. I'll have to manually move stuff to make it fit in the window and not get cut off, etc?

yeah thats a real problem, I did already much fixes for it, but the basic problem stays. The positioning philosophy on MUI and LCL are so much different (and I have some problem to understand the MUI side :-P, e.g. why a Button has a maximum height which is the same as the minimum height) And the user have much influence on the sizes by choosing different fonts and theming.
    I experimented a lot with it, especially for Mapparium (Prefs menu) but never got a very satisfying solution for it. It would be something need again much thinking and work when changing the behavior again.
    (especially because here MUI and Zune are so much different, Zune is much easier to handle, in topic of LCL implementation). I had some experience with Aligned elements (alTop, alLeft,....) inside Panels.

Quote:

Do I just keep replying to this thread if I have questions?

fine by me for now. if too much we could make a own, but I guess not too noisy :-P and you do not feel disturbed by my official announcements from time to time :-P

Quote:

Are Grids not working on the MorphOS side?

What grid you are talking about? TStringGrid for example or TValueGrid are working fine (used in Mapparium Statistics window for example) TDrawGrid also should work (I have a game here using it)
  • »16.01.17 - 15:51
    Profile Visit Website