• MorphOS Developer
    itix
    @asrael22
    Quote:

OK. So if I were to build an application that deals a lot with UTF8 encoded texts.
    Could I use system resources to load and display (MUI) those?

MUI has no Unicode support so you can only use UTF8 encoded text through your MUI custom class you write for your application. For example while Odyssey Web Browser and Multiview can display Unicode text this is limited to the text display area only. If the web site title has code points not supported by local codepage you just get question marks to OWB titlebar.

The built-in graphics.library/Text() can't render Unicode glyphs so you have to use freetype.library or ttengine.library to render Unicode.

Quote:

pegasos-sigi2 wrote:
    Quote:

itix wrote:
    MorphOS has Unicode support through locale.library and charsets.library. Keymaps and Intuition support Unicode for the input. Multiview can display Unicode text and AmigaGuide files.

Ährm... AmigaGuide can't display chinese unicode text files.

I have not tried (I think I have tried only Japanese) but the text rendering part is the problem.

Quote:

The charsets.library can't decode all UTF- 32 chars (japanese, korean, chinese, arab and so on.)
    The only piece of software thats handle correct Unicode is the clipboard.
    I know. The charsets.library docde only to local charsets, but thats not full Unicode handling.

The only lib to decode and display full unicode is cairo.library.

Which is also part of the OS. There is also iconv.library which provides more encodings than charsets.library (but at the expense of bigger memory footprint).

It is also possible to create Cairo.mcc...
    1 + 1 = 3 with very large values of 1
  • »10.02.16 - 07:35