• Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    amigadave
    Using a remote desktop application from my existing MorphOS desktop to access either my desktop or laptop Windows10 machines would be the best alternative for me, until something better can be achieved, hopefully when MorphOS for x64 is released.

I don't even know much of anything about WINE, or if it is Open Source, so a port to MorphOS for x64 could be attempted.

The remote desktop route is what I should be using, so I will be on my MorphOS computers more often (like all the time). That would be much more satisfying than using a Windows computer directly as much as I currently do.

Any recommendations on which software to use (assuming that there is more than one choice), and a link to a website that has easy installation and setup instructions?

From what I have read and heard, the latest version of AmigaForever/AmiKit allows a setup option to run AmigaOS3.9 hosted on an (almost) invisible Linux environment, which also allows seamless use of some or most Linux software from the AmigaOS3.9 Workbench, but I have not yet tried to set up such a system to see how well it works. It would not solve my desire to be able to run my Windows CAD software and the one Windows game I play occasionally, unless I also tried to run WINE with that AmigaOS3.9 hosted on Linux installation.
    MorphOS - The best Next Gen Amiga choice.
  • »23.01.16 - 17:46