• Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    pegasos-sigi2
    Quote:

WB_Coder wrote:
    Quote:

KimmoK wrote:
    I think it is very nice if we can have 3D test suite that runs on every Amiga flavor + mainstream. It should be very valuable tool for developing the 3D libraries for HW acceleration.

(From what I've read from comments, HW might not be the optimal language for massive games that need to take the maximum out of CPU, but mainstream-like mammoth games are out of reach anyway??)

I doubt that using Hollywood would be a good choice to code 3D libraries for hardware (HW) acceleration? Seems to me that using "C", or "C++", or PPC Assembly languages would be better choices than a scripting language based on LUA, but then I am only a Wanna Be Coder, not a real programmer, so what do I know.

Also, it appears that you are using "HW" as an abbreviation for Hollywood in one part of your message quoted above, and then using "HW" to abbreviate "hardware" in another part of your message. That could be very confusing, don't you think? I agree that Hollywood is probably not the best language for coding massive 3D games, but that was not the question. My original question was if Hollywood is a good programming language for beginning programmers to learn, or would "C" be a better choice?

You can't develope3D libs for a system with this plugin!
    This plugin layes on top of a hardware 3D driver.
    You can do thuch thing like the many demos in the hollywood hompage.

Hollywood and C are different languages. C is more lowlevel and much more complicated to learn. Positive of C is much lower prog size and much faster execution time.
    Positive of hollywood is a full featured eqipment to develope
    all possible things like web browser an -server, ftp client and - server,
    3D Things, XML, SVG Import, MUI GUI's, Databases, Cairo grahics, FFMPEG Things
    Import and Export of movies and so on...

[ Edited by pegasos-sigi2 10.06.2015 - 18:33 ]
    Spreedy - The spreedsheet editor of MorphOS
    Calimero - Do you know about the new DTP Program for MorphOS ?
  • »10.06.15 - 18:31