• Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    Chain-Q
    Quote:

Ok, just downloaded it and I can't make it compile anything, even a simple hellworld.pas ;(

I can't reproduce the errors you reported. Can you send me the files you're trying to compile? Can you specify which runtime error you got exactly? At wich line you got the fatal error in the second example? The compiler works OK for me (the same one i archived and uploaded). Eg:

program hello;
    begin
    writeln('hello world!');
    end.

9.Ram Disk:> fpc hello
    Free Pascal Compiler version 1.9.5 [2004/08/03] for powerpc
    Copyright (c) 1993-2004 by Florian Klaempfl
    Target OS: MorphOS
    Compiling hello.pas
    Assembling hello
    Linking hello
    4 Lines compiled, 0.8 sec
    9.Ram Disk:> hello
    hello world!

In fact, the uploaded compiler is capable to compile itself into a working executable on MorphOS, and that is over 170000 lines of Pascal source...

Quote:

I used "fpc [file.pas]" to compile... With this line, is the link automatically done ? if not, how to compile and link ?

Assembling and linking should happen automatically after a successful compile. The compiler will call as to assemble what's needed and then ld to link the whole stuff together into an executable. It will even do the stripping with -Xs parameter on (which is the default in fpc.cfg).

(Note: while writing this, i've discovered that i'd accidentally left out strip from the archive, so you can't strip debug info from executables unless you've MOS SDK installed, or you copied strip from the MOS SDK archive to FPC's bin/morphos directory. This will be fixed in the next release, but this problem shouldn't affect working of the compiler, only result bigger executables, and an "Error: Util strip not found, switching to external linking
    " message at linking time.)

If you just can't get it working, you can try to use 'fpc -va [file.pas] > log.txt' command, and send the resulting log.txt to me.
    [.PegasosII/G4.:.Efika.:.Amiga2000/060.]
    [.Free Pascal Compiler MorphOS Port.]
    [.Hosting AmigaSpirit.hu.]
  • »05.08.04 - 11:53
    Profile Visit Website