• Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    Chain-Q
    Quote:

I think he ment building a gui WITH fp not for :)

Yes, but that's not possible now. So if he want a GUI builder for FPC, he has to port it first. :-)

Quote:

So the old ones can't be used anymore? Why not? Because of the different calls to libraries?

Exactly. Current Amiga units contains heavy amount of 68k assembly. That's one problem. The second problem is, that some of the system structures also changed in MOS, so i decided to re-implement the units from scratch, instead of hunting for the changes through the MOS includes. But this is a slow and boring job, so i'll need to find a somewhat automatized way to do it soon. Since most of the Amiga units were build with fp2pragma, found on Aminet, i'll think i'm going to adapt fd2pragma to support building of an FPC/MOS unit too. (But fd2pragma is in C, and i hate to programm in C. :-) )

Quote:

What about the other amiga-specific stuff like hooks. Will they work in an MOS-version of fp?

I think they'll definitely work, however, i did not tested it yet. If some special support still needed which does not yet exists in the compiler, it will be added, it's not too difficult. Please note that FPC/MOS compiler (not including the RTL) already has better support for the platform than the Amiga compiler ever had, just take a look on ABox syscall support. Such a thing never existed in the classic Amiga compiler. Also the PPC code generator is already much better than the 68k one was.

Quote:

BTW: Did anyone build a custom class in fp for mui?

Don't know. I never did such a thing. As i said, i'm not really a man of GUI programming.
    [.PegasosII/G4.:.Efika.:.Amiga2000/060.]
    [.Free Pascal Compiler MorphOS Port.]
    [.Hosting AmigaSpirit.hu.]
  • »26.07.04 - 10:35
    Profile Visit Website