• Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    catohagen
    Samba 68K on morphos works pretty well for basic filesharing, its just the configuring that can be a hassle.

When Roadshow 68K was released I did some speedtests with Samba 68K on my Powerbook with gigabit lan from and to a Win7 machine, and got around 30megabyte per second from my ramdisk sambashare to win7 and ~25megabyte per second writespeed to my ramdisk sambashare, if my memory are correct samba68k was faster than smbfs on MorphOS.

I know newer Morphos releases have a native smbfs binary and improvements to the netstack but havent found the time to compare.

I also started writing a new installer for Samba 68K on Morphos, using OWB as a gui and doing a graphical installer with arexx building up the configfiles and copying stuff where its supposed to be, but life got in the way, so I never finished it. It was just a matter of few mouseclicks and you had a working basic samba set up with ram as a share, username&password = samba/samba, but you could add users or shares within the gui presented with OWB...
  • »08.09.14 - 09:05