• Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    ChrisH
    Today (9th April 2012) I have uploaded a new PortablE beta of my modernised AmigaE programming language. This brings the 'std/cGfx' module close to being finished:

* The 'std/cGfx' module now uses Compositing/Alpha-blending (where supported) for h/w accelerated drawing of masked bitmaps. This means the new SOTB demo is now fast & smooth on AmigaOS4 & MorphOS.

* The 'std/cGfx' module now supports screens <= 256 colours.

* For 'std/cGfx', added tentative AmigaOS3 support, and compiled almost all the examples for AmigaOS3. (I would be interested to know if they work on Natami.)

* For 'std/cGfx', added missing stuff like reading pixel colours, rotating bitmaps, and generating masks using pictures with more than 256 colours.

* For 'std/cGfx', scaling bitmaps is now much faster on AmigaOS4 (probably uses AltiVec acceleration).

* For 'std/cGfx', scaling masked bitmaps is MUCH faster on AROS. So the SOTB demo now starts quickly.

* For 'std/cGfx', fixed various bugs.

* For 'std/cPath', added the create() method as an (often nicer) alternative to open().

* Added Picasso96 & Cybergraphics modules.

* Added the missing CompositeTagList() for OS4.

* PEGCC's DEBUG switch now creates executables with debug info on OSes other than AmigaOS4 (likely to be useful on AROS).

* Updated the examples StarsXY_ToySpaceshipSprite1.e & StarsZYX_ToySpaceshipSprite1.e to use the now-required addToGfx() method, and corrected the documention about creating a sub-class of cGfxDrawable.
    Author of the PortablE programming language.
    It is pitch black. You are likely to be eaten by a grue...
  • »09.04.12 - 12:35
    Profile Visit Website