• Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    ChrisH
    Today (5th March 2012) I have uploaded a new PortablE beta of my modernised AmigaE programming language. While development has moved slower, I have still made a lot of bug fixes, plus added some new features:

* The Amiga installer has been greatly improved. It uses choice requesters, it has a Simple Installation mode, you can finally change the PEmodules assignment, and more. Thanks to Hypex for suggestions!

* Added some new functions to the cGfx & cGfxSprites modules.

* cGui windows now receive a close request when Exchange tries to remove the app.

* cSnd has been heavily rewritten, and should be rock-solid (not that I noticed a problem before).

* cPath now properly supports soft & hard links.

* Added support for AmigaOS4's application.library .

* Greatly improved memory handling; no-longer becomes very slow in certain situations, won't crash when allocation requests fail (ouch), and also handles low-memory situations better.

* On AmigaOS4 executable sizes have been reduced by up to 60-120KB, thanks to an OS4 SDK discovery made by Kas1e.

* cGfx's drawCircle() now works correctly.

* Fixed various small bugs.

I have also replaced the "Shadow Of The Beast like" demo with one that is much closer to the original game.
    SOTBeastScroll_pic1.png
    Author of the PortablE programming language.
    It is pitch black. You are likely to be eaten by a grue...
  • »05.03.12 - 17:16
    Profile Visit Website