Everything works great now!

This is a great release.

Matt

[ Edited by matt3 on 2005/12/17 15:34 ]
  • »15.12.05 - 12:32
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    Chain-Q
    Bad news: Free Pascal 2.2.0 is now released, but not for MorphOS. The reason is simple: lack of time. The 2.2.0 series of compiler had an extermely long and painful release cycle, and in the meanwhile it got quite far from the so-called "trunk" codebase, where the active development happens. This means, every change in trunk had to be merged back in the fixes_2_2_0 branch, which is a slow and boring job, and for the small FPC/MorphOS userbase it simply didn't worth the effort. Besides, i'm not working as a sysadmin any more, but as a programmer which seriously limits the time and motivation for any kind of hobby programming. So, because of these lame excuses, there is no Free Pascal 2.2.0 for MorphOS. The same happenned to the promised 2.2.0 AmigaOS4 version. No release this time. Please note: The development is not dropped, the active development branch (which has version 2.3.1 ATM) still has MorphOS and OS4 support, it's actively developed, tested, it can be compiled for MorphOS and OS4, and so on. I can provide binary snapshots for anyone on request, and i'll probably do so anyway. And this lack of compiler release problem doesn't affect for example Pixel for any of the above platforms, since i used to supply Pavel with special compiler builds (with bugfixes) on request.

Hopefully i'll have more time when FPC 2.4.0 release engineering starts, and MorphOS (and other Am*ga platforms) will have an up-to-date stable release again. This should happen sometime during 2008. Volunteers for development, testing, and user feedback is still appreciated, even for the (now old) 2.0.4 version. Thanks.
    [.PegasosII/G4.:.Efika.:.Amiga2000/060.]
    [.Free Pascal Compiler MorphOS Port.]
    [.Hosting AmigaSpirit.hu.]
  • »10.09.07 - 11:52
    Profile Visit Website