• Acolyte of the Butterfly
    Acolyte of the Butterfly
    deka
    Quote:

ASiegel wrote:
    Quote:

deka wrote:
    This will be a photo viewer app and I think it is an important feature to show the pic in 100%/200% zoom. This huge resolution is not for the 4k displays (if I understood you well). ;)

Have you considered splitting large images into multiple textures (image tiling) that are, say, 512 x 512 each?

Yeah... That was the first idea and also implemented this. It worked, but had two problems:
    - Sometimes the texture edges were visible. It wasn't smooth enough.
    - The texture creation took much more time: it took about 10-15 secs instead of the current 2 secs.

I was considering more solution:
    - Tried the Rectangle texture today, but it seems that it is not supported by TinyGL.
    - My second idea is to use NPOT textures, but probably the 4096x4096 limit is there too. Will see it...
    - A software prescaler. This solution seems to be the most realistic. Maybe, if using NPOT textures makes me possible (on R300) to show wider, than 4096 pixel pictures, the software scaler should be there, because R200 owners will have more limitations.

Also, should be send a request to the video driver to get the max. texture size, because the used algorhytm could change depending the existing video HW. (The bigger video cards have 16kx16k texture limit.)
  • »14.06.16 - 10:00