PortablE r6 beta released
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    ChrisH
    PortablE_small_logo.PNG

PortablE is a recreation of the AmigaE programming language, along with all the improvements I wanted.

This is a small update, which makes any generated MUI code human-readable, and fixes a few bugs.

Previous versions of PortablE were aimed at existing AmigaE users, but PortablE now aims to be attractive for new users too. Although it's still "beta", it should work well, and further incompatible changes seem unlikely.

See the main manual for everything that has changed since r5. There have been the following big changes since the last beta:
    * Built-in procedures can now support unlimited parameters (although only some have been updated to use this ability).
    * Improved MUI modules to use procedures with unlimited parameters (instead of immedate tag lists). So the C/C++ code generated for GUIs is now human-readable!
    * Added the NoListOptim switch, so that the code generated for Immediate Lists can be more human-readable.
    * When a bug exception was thrown during compilation, it could give the wrong message. Now fixed.
    * Fixed a few module bugs.

You can download it from here:
    Aminet

PortablE comes with documentation, but you can find on-line documentation, examples & the latest version of PortablE from it's homepage:
    cshandley.co.uk/portable
    Author of the PortablE programming language.
    It is pitch black. You are likely to be eaten by a grue...
  • »27.04.16 - 11:55
    Profile Visit Website
  • ASiegel
    Quote:

ChrisH wrote:
    [i]Side note: Posting this news on the forums, since the news item for the last major update to PortablE (on 11-12-2015) was never accepted as a news item (for some reason)

Do you mean the following news item?
    URL: Click me

Please note that you participated in the discussion of the news item.

Also, here is a link to the Internet Archive / Wayback Machine as proof that it was in fact published last year:
    URL: Internet Archive
  • »27.04.16 - 12:52
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    ChrisH
    @ASiegel
    Thanks for the correction! My memory isn't always great :( . I remember (feeling like I was) waiting ages without it being accepted, and a quick search failed to find the news item, so I came to that wrong conclusion it was never accepted :( . Maybe I got MorphZone mixed-up with a different site not approving my news item :( . I hope I didn't offend anyone :(

Anyway, I have edited my first post to remove the incorrect stuff.

edit: Now that I think about it, it might have been aros-exec.org which took ages to approve my earlier news item. So much for the grey stuff between my ears.
    Author of the PortablE programming language.
    It is pitch black. You are likely to be eaten by a grue...
  • »27.04.16 - 13:34
    Profile Visit Website
  • ASiegel
    @ ChrisH

Not offended. Just setting the record straight. If someone has MorphOS-related news to share, they are more than welcome to submit it.
  • »27.04.16 - 14:54