• Acolyte of the Butterfly
    Acolyte of the Butterfly
    Quote:

TheMagicM wrote:
    I don't mind pitching in some cash but only for MorphOS specific updates.

Regardless of what the answer is to the above question, it gives some insight as to why I only want to contribute to something MorphOS only. Like you, you're concentrating more on AROS and have less interest in MorphOS, I have no interest in Amiga 68k FPC or AROS FPC. I'd like to see something fully functional an all-in-one location I can code in on MorphOS that can do sqlite, menus, windows, call CLI programs, graphics etc without having to go thru hoops to make it work or study some obscure Amiga dialect to make it happen.

Thats a missintepretation of my "care about" ;-) My interest is the same for all 3 (in principle 4) platforms, the only reason I do not use OS4 currently is the pricetag for its computer and also the reason I didn't start with fpc on MorphOS back in the days (before the cheap Mac became an option). FPC on MorphOS is just Charlie/ChainQs playground, mostly because he has much more knowledge about the inner MorphOS core (maybe even source insight?) and PPC business ;-)
    I try to avoid all this AmigaClassic vs AmigaOS4 vs AROS vs MorphOS bullshit and support all platforms I'm able to support.

Amiga-like systems is a tiny niche, Freepascal is a tiny niche.
    Freepascal on an Amiga-like system is VERY tiny niche of 3 (if I count you in: 4) people.

You're a little bit like me some years before, I tried out some Amiga-style systems after long time and was waiting for "someone" who would port fpc to Amiga/AROS. But after some years of waiting I noticed nobody will take it and do it. So, even I had no idea about inner FPC or inner Amiga-style OS working (back in the 90's Amiga days only very little system conform programing ;-)) I took a stab in the dark to bring it to live, this was in 2010. Since then I'm searching for users, at AROS I was able to inspire ONE(!, which is magorium as you might expect) to do something with fpc and give feedback many others (on all platforms) only said they would like to try but never did. Do not expect a turn-key system to use as on Windows/Linux, but with your work and feedback you can steer the direction of my interest ;-).

Quote:

TheMagicM wrote:
    I'll look again and see. If it doesnt work, I'm assuming nothing from that archive can be used with 3.0, correct?

EDIT again:
    No 3.1.1 does not work on my G5. Where is this 3.1.1 that *does* work? Maybe mine is old?

I guess the 3.1.1 units are not working with 3.0 compiler anymore, as long as the PPU format changed.
    BUT the 3.1.1 compiler SHOULD work, the G5 fix is there also included, which archive you used?

http://home.alb42.de/fpcbinint/fpc-release_3.1.1.powerpc-morphos.lha This one?
    http://home.alb42.de/fpcbin/fpc-3.1.1.powerpc-morphos.tar.gz or this one?

what error message you got? did you try fp-IDE or also fpc directly, sorry I don't have a G5 to try. If you used the tar.gz archive you might need the Linker "vlink" to make it work (check VBCC webpage or just extract it from the fpc-release-xxx.lha archive)

Quote:

TheMagicM wrote:
    EDIT 2:
    the triforce link was good..looking thru it now.

Edit 3:
    ok..yea, those examples by Krashan converted to pascal are real good. thanks!

I'm not sure if magorium is reading this forum, if something does not work just tell me. And I will also give him a note about. If I remember right he does not have a MorphOS computer, so he is looking for someone who test the examples and tell him if it is working. (Last time I did it, but he is constantly working on it as you might see on his github checkin history)
  • »13.12.15 - 07:36
    Profile Visit Website