• MorphOS Developer
    geit
    Quote:

hooligan wrote:
    Quote:

I suppose it's good for what it was meant to be, a next-gen dvd, but optical disks per se has become something of the past, or at least it's heading in that direction very rapidly

They said the same about cd's and dvd's, both selling today and will in the future, as will bluray.

Yeah, but noone uses them for computer purpose anymore. Whatever-drives often are an addon these days. I personally did not *burn* a media for quite some time, so I did not even notice my drive was broken for probably several years.

They may still sell disc based media these days, but the use of home made discs is quite rare. It is easier to store the stuff on local drives and use them on all systems instead.

Speaking about the topic. It has been said porting to a console won´t be happen. Also the PS3 is a quite bad target these days. The WiiU is more powerful, has the right 3 core cpu, 2GB of memory and other cool features like build in display, nfc, camera, mic, but it still will not happen, as it makes simply no sense.

Even porting to the X1000 would make more sense than porting to a game console.

Geit
  • »13.01.14 - 16:07