• Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    amigadave
    Quote:

redrumloa wrote:
    pega-1,
    Quote:

I'm sorry if I sounded a bit rude in my previous reply but it really doesn't make any sense to try a graphics card that is not upon the list of supported cards. The Radeon driver will just quit silently if it detects an unknown graphics card.

Coming from an Amiga background, I can understand amigadave's question. With the Prometheus PCI board, Voodoo 4 and 5 didn't have drivers but would work with the Voodoo 3 driver.

I think some developers get so focused on their work that they lose touch with what some of the users think, or try, or they assume that most of the users know more about certain issues than they actually do know. I believe that there are many users who try unsupported peripherals in their MorphOS systems, just to see if they will work. Just like some users try to boot MorphOS on systems that are not listed as being supported on the official website.

That probably does not make much sense to most of the Dev. Team members though, as it is usually a waste of time. But we are Amiga users, not Windows, or Mac users, who only know how to flip the "ON" switch on their computers.
    MorphOS - The best Next Gen Amiga choice.
  • »24.10.13 - 20:06