• Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    NewSense
    I use the Belkin USB (model F5U264UK - I believe), and USB/Firewire Hubs (model F5U507 - I believe) that resemble the design of the Mac Mini, same footprint but thinner, and have had only a few problems with them, usually due to power input issues - not being enough voltage/current to power a specific USB device.

The Belkin USB device has 4 USB ports, 2 on the front, and 2 on the back, and a separate plug-in PSU to supply additional power to the USB hub, and the USB/Firewire device has 5 USB & 3 Firewire connectors, 1 USB (A socket) & 1 (400MB) Firewire on the front, and 3 USB A plug, and a mini A sockets and 2 Firewire on the back, though it uses one of the Firewire ports to connect a short Firewire lead to plug-in/get power from the Mac Mini to supply power to the ports on the device. It also uses the mini-A socket of the USB connectors, the small mini-USB port on the back, to connect to other hubs to link from one device to another.

I have used other USB hubs, most of them Belkin, and a few other generic USB hubs that have generally worked OK with MorphOS.
    MacMini 1.5GHz,64MB VRAM, PowerBooks A1138/9 (Model 5,8/9),PowerMac G5 2.3GHz(DP), iMac A1145 2.1GHz 20", all with MorphOS v3.18+,Airport,Bluetooth,A1016 Keyboard,T-RB22 Mouse,DVD-RW-DL,MiniMax,Firewire/USB2 & MacOSX 10.4/5
  • »18.08.15 - 02:20