• Jim
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    Jim
    Quote:

jcrbett wrote:
    I was able to swap 2.7ghz Processors into a board that had 2.3. I bought both machines, but the LCS from the 2.7 machine had leaked and destroyed the PSU in that unit. After I clean the processor boards and mounted the heatsinks from the 2.3 I was able to get it to boot. Only issue is with ASD 2.5.8 the system would power off after about 5 min of thermal calibration. So I swapped motherboards but now I get the dreaded intake fan speed error during calibration.

Trying to build the optimal MorphOS/Classic Mac PPC game machine. Managed to nab a 2.5ghz set of processors with one of the better LCS modules on it so I'll see what I can do with that. There is a recycler in town that has these PCI-X 7,3 G5's on sale for $30 CDN or so if you watch it enough so I've got a few machines. I have my old Quad G5 machine that needs the LCS rebuilt but since it's not MorphOS supported I've pushed that project back. I'm gonna try a few things with the thermal calibration and report back. Might just end up sticking the 2.3's back in it since the gains would be marginal really to 2.7GHz. I bought both the 2.7 and 2.3 machine for around $30 so it's just fun to tinker, I also have a Dual 1.8 machine I have to pick up this week that I bought for $24. I figure it'll be good for spare parts.

Yeah, my quad could use an LCS rebuild too. And its not that different than the earlier 2.5 and 2.7 GHz AGP system's coolers.
    But I'd really like to figure out how to air cool the quad.
    "Never attribute to malice what can more readily explained by incompetence"
  • »03.10.17 - 00:18