• Just looking around
    I was able to swap 2.7ghz Processors into a board that had 2.3. I bought both machines, but the LCS from the 2.7 machine had leaked and destroyed the PSU in that unit. After I clean the processor boards and mounted the heatsinks from the 2.3 I was able to get it to boot. Only issue is with ASD 2.5.8 the system would power off after about 5 min of thermal calibration. So I swapped motherboards but now I get the dreaded intake fan speed error during calibration.

Trying to build the optimal MorphOS/Classic Mac PPC game machine. Managed to nab a 2.5ghz set of processors with one of the better LCS modules on it so I'll see what I can do with that. There is a recycler in town that has these PCI-X 7,3 G5's on sale for $30 CDN or so if you watch it enough so I've got a few machines. I have my old Quad G5 machine that needs the LCS rebuilt but since it's not MorphOS supported I've pushed that project back. I'm gonna try a few things with the thermal calibration and report back. Might just end up sticking the 2.3's back in it since the gains would be marginal really to 2.7GHz. I bought both the 2.7 and 2.3 machine for around $30 so it's just fun to tinker, I also have a Dual 1.8 machine I have to pick up this week that I bought for $24. I figure it'll be good for spare parts.
  • »02.10.17 - 07:14