• MorphOS Developer
    geit
    Quote:

Miky060 wrote:
    And we are just speaking about plain 2D use! I'm totally not entering into 3D questions..

The desktop may look 2D, but it uses 3D functionallity. Ask people who used the PowerBook without 3D, where some simple alpha rendering made their system slow like hell, because all operations where done in software.

This is because e.g. alpha blending is done in hardware only when available and enabled and not all render functions may be available in hardware accelerated form on all cards. If for example a specific pixel conversion is missing for some reason, a simple alpha skin like Ferox3D will cause the system to be slow like hell.

With the 3D update, the missing 2D render Functions were added and are now hardware accellerated, too.

You cannot say you are using just 2D. Even enhanced layers is 3D, thats why the early used name containing 3D was changed into "enhanced layers".

I have no clue, what is going on with your graphic card. If it is just the radeon timeout, or if your cards 3D support is somehow disabled. In your case I would disable enhanced layers and see what happens.

Geit

[ Edited by geit 04.07.2013 - 13:11 ]
  • »04.07.13 - 12:09