• Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    Crumb
    Quote:

Zylesea wrote:
    The idea is there.Maybe a bounty for ASMP could actually move things.

Even thought I lack multicpu morphos machine I would donate some bucks :-)

Krashan should be asked first as I guess he's the one who may be interested... something like:
    -Implement asymetric multi core support in MorphOS 3.x performing required changes to Exec/DOS and the rest of the OS
    -performing the required changes to libnix/ixemul to make easier supporting various cores. Perhaps modifying CISC libpthread to support the new MProcess... he's the one who decides.
    -Provide developer docs and examples (a reggae class perhaps?)

maybe as part of the bounty providing a bigger app (or game?) of his choice to prove that the implementation is more or less useful: MPlayer (for codecs that support various cores or perhaps performing some parts of the rendering), Blender, OWB (running javascript core for example)... I don't know. I think that providing a "bigger" app (or game) would help to increase the number of donations as people would notice an inmediate benefit in the completion of the bounty. Perhaps it should be a second bounty.

@Krashan: if you are reading this please reply and tell us what do you think and what would be the minimum you require. Perhaps setting some smaller goals: If bounty reaches X€ I will implement AMP, if it reaches X*2 € I will also adapt XYZ system component to use various threads (reggae or cairo.library for example), if it reaches X*4 I'll adapt OWB and MPlayer (and perhaps share a part with Fab)
  • »18.06.13 - 16:21
    Profile Visit Website