• Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    Intuition
    Quote:

Jambalah wrote:
    Well, I dismounted the cpu unit and replaced cpu 1 (the one below assuming G5 stands vertically) since ASD diagnostic showed an error checking AD 7417 AD1 sensor. Assembled cpu unit, reseated and power on. After the chimes sound G5 booted MorphOS and I immediately noticed the difference: low temperature (started from 66 C degrees to 82) and quiet fans. I booted the ASD cd and checked for thermal calibration wich reporting an error message explaining that wrong values were found and reccomending to perform calibration. Did it and both cpu passed. Reboot and MorphOS runs ok with temperature between 80.9 and 81.1 and fans really quiet. I'm really satisfied! Let's check how it will go next days.
    @Intuition:
    Sorry to read your post only now but if you should encounter any problem downloading 2.5.8 let me know if I coul help in any way.

Thanks, the torrent is coming down steadily so i'll just have to be patient. :)

I haven't got the money to register MorphOS for my G5 at the moment after spending a lot of money upgrading and registering my PowerBook so the 30 minute time out pisses me of and causes me to not bother using it at the moment.

Once I've registered it will be anothe story as I'll use it as my main development machine as the PB feels a tad slow when compiling C as I've got used to lighning fast Intel hardware over the years.
    1.67GHz 15" PowerBook G4, 1GB RAM, 128MB Radeon 9700M Pro, 64GB SSD, MorphOS 3.15

2.7GHz DP G5, 4GB RAM, 512MB Radeon X1950 Pro, 500GB SSHD, MorphOS 3.9
  • »26.08.13 - 19:41