• Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    amigadave
    pega-1 wrote:,
    Quote:

No, this definitely is no hint on forthcoming iMacG5 support within MorphOS ...

Although the chances of iMacG5 support are better than ever with the MorphOS improvements that have been done in context of the introduction of PowerMac7,3 compatibility, personally I'm still not convinced to expand support to each and every machine that can't hide behind a tree quick enough to avoid getting supported by MorphOS just because we can ....
    So let's see how well received the current G5 support is in the next few weeks and then there is a slim chance of supporting devices like iMacG5 or other G5 models ....
    MorphOS definitely is in no need for more PPC hardware options IMHO - there are plenty of options now, albeit "used" ones.

I am glad to read that at least one member of the MorphOS Dev. Team agrees with my thinking that we now have more than enough different and excellent hardware choices for running MorphOS3.2 on, and I hope that they will spend the next several months, if not a couple of years, perfecting MorphOS3.x on the already supported computer models. Hopefully these extremely talented programmers will now also turn their attention toward creating, or porting more good software to run on MorphOS3.x, in addition to adding what ever essential new features are on their list of goals for MorphOS, while they continue to eliminate any bugs that are found in the current release.

MorphOS3.2 is a significant step forward for MorphOS and the addition of G5 support opens up a few possibilities that were not available to us with the fastest supported G4 systems (though I have not yet confirmed this for myself).

I think MorphOS3.2 is a great operating system, when we consider the limited resources available to create it, and the inherent limitations that came from it's Amiga roots.

Thanks to every member of the MorphOS Dev. Team. With each new release of MorphOS, you confirm that I made the right choice when I decided to make MorphOS my first and primary Next Gen. Amiga operating system.
    MorphOS - The best Next Gen Amiga choice.
  • »10.06.13 - 20:04