• Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    bash64
    @jacad

Well, Every single one I could find anywhere was broken in about five different ways.
    I have this image of Mac owners now of them having a 'stomp on your Mac' party.
    Seriously, what other explanation is there for the butchered condition of most of them?

This one was an apple refurb, had a 30 day warranty, had nothing wrong with it, and was the best and last one made (16080x1050 res) so I went ahead and paid too much.

At least I don't have dead pixels, non working dvd drives, broken audio, cracked cases, etc, etc, etc....

Plus they threw in an extra NEW battery.

@crumb

I currently leave all my laptops on this way.
    Doesn't make any sense to plug it in till it charges up (how will you be around when it is done?) and then unplug it and watch it only run for 1-2hrs and then repeat this insane process.

If need be I will run it without a battery if that will prevent problems with battery damage.

I do remember after shutting down that I also closed the lid, perhaps this caused the extreme heat build up.

From now on, if I shutdown I will remove the power cord or just not shutdown at all.

[ Edited by bash64 20.01.2013 - 07:36 ]
    Mac G5 ISight 21" 2.5 gb of ram 233gb hd matshita dvd-r uj-846
    Powerbook G4 1.67ghz 2GB, ATI 9700M Pro 128mb
    1TB hd, DL-DVD Burner, Netgear pcmcia wireless card.
    ImageFX 4.5, PageStream 3.3, PhotoGenics 5.0
  • »20.01.13 - 12:35
    Profile Visit Website