• Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    amigadave
    Quote:

takemehomegrandma wrote:
    The threshold of trying out MorphOS isn't very high at all.......

You missed the point of my entire message. If they decide to go forward with the port to the 460 (and I don't care if they do or don't), a few owners of SAM 460 systems that won't bother to buy or borrow a used Mac PPC system, might download and try MorphOS on their SAM 460, just because they have one and it won't cost them anything to try MorphOS3.x at that point in time.

The number of SAM 460 owners is quite small, and the number of those owners who would be interested in trying MorphOS is even smaller, so "YES", the return on the investment of time to do the port will be very poor, at least in my opinion and apparently in yours as well.

The other point is that there are some users who are interested in running both AmigaOS4.x and MorphOS3.x on one system as their preferred choice, but they also prefer new hardware instead of buying used gear, and some people just hate Apple hardware and the company.

But as I already stated, the number of new potential users is so small, it is not the usual wise choice of the MorphOS Dev. Team to support such hardware. It will however take away the one complaint that some people have of there not being any NEW hardware currently available for purchase to run MorphOS3.x on (not counting NOS Efika systems, or motherboards).

[ Edited by amigadave 17.08.2013 - 03:38 ]
    MorphOS - The best Next Gen Amiga choice.
  • »17.08.13 - 11:34