• Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    OlafSch
    Quote:

Yasu schrieb:
    Several people reported it when I asked. Some got new boards (like me, but it still worked poorly though better than before. It was still unusuable) and some returned them in anger. I think the thread was in amiga.org, but I'm not sure anymore. I do remember some people bashing me for mentioning this problem because "one simply must not talk bad about anything AOS4 related." It pissed me off and made me sell my AOS system.

Though, the guy who bought my system said that it was much more stable after a couple of more updates so they must be getting somewhere. Poor drivers is much simpler to solve than faulty memory sockets of course.

I'm not saying this to trash talk A-cube. I admire their effort and they are good and helpful guys. But a problem is a problem and should be adressed honestly. On their hand they should bundle RAM with their board. On the otger hand some fanatican AOS4 users should help people when they have problems and not telling them to shut up.

+1

I am not a MorphOS user yet even though I could imagine (even if that means to buy something from Apple :-) ). On the other hand I could never imagine to buy AmigaOS, not only because of the high price but also because of the fanatism of its supporters. They seem to be occupied by their strange idea of being "true" because of using old code, "amiga" icon-set and naming. Just a couple of days ago I was attacked because I use "copyrighted" icon-sets and he immediately threatened me legally. I do not use "holy" amiga-icons from amigaos and just with permission. MorphOS user and developer are mostly more relaxed and thus not so fanatic (that is much more sympathic).
  • »15.08.13 - 15:17