• Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    Yasu
    I think this could be helpful as well. Especially since it will give existing SAM owners a reason to test MorphOS.

I though hope that the 440 will be supported, for when I bought a SAM460 preassembled and bundled with 4.1r4 it was pure trash. It crashed all the time (litterarly once every 1 and 15 minutes) and was because of that utterly useless. Later I got it confirmed that A-Cube have huge problems with the memory sockets, and that they tend to work poorly or not at all (making the system unstable). It was for this reason I gave up on AmigaOS4. I didn't sight up to be a beta-tester but that was what was asked of me when I started to complain about this problem at different Amiga forums.

This is a very good thing about MorphOS Team: they work on the problems until they are fixed before releasing new versions. Kudos to that!

But my question is if the SAM 460 is a hard piece to port? I mean, considering how long they have been working on the AOS4 port before getting it to a semi-working state.

Anywhay, if a SAM 440 port becomes available I will probably buy it in order to have a AOS4 and MOS dual boot :)

[ Edited by Yasu 15.08.2013 - 12:11 ]
    AMIGA FORUM - Hela Sveriges Amigatidning!
    AMIGA FORUM - Sweden's Amiga Magazine!

My MorphOS blog
  • »15.08.13 - 11:09
    Profile Visit Website