Xbox 360 controller driver testers wanted
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    _DaNi_
    i think a good idea is take a look the source from mac os x xbox 360 controller here:
    http://tattiebogle.net/index.php/ProjectRoot/Xbox360Controller/OsxDriver
  • »23.12.12 - 21:10
  • MorphOS Developer
    jacadcaps
    I have actually used this work as a reference for my own code. Sadly at the moment my xbox pad remains in the Antarctic, while I am back in Europe. Will mostly try to get one more pad since my belongings won't be back until May.
  • »24.12.12 - 12:45
    Profile Visit Website
  • Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    BSzili
    Will the new gamepad/joystick API be available in MOS 3.2?
    This is just like television, only you can see much further.
  • »02.04.13 - 14:00
    Profile Visit Website
  • MorphOS Developer
    Henes
    It is not may yet :-D
  • »02.04.13 - 20:09
    Profile Visit Website
  • MorphOS Developer
    jacadcaps
    I still have no idea when I'm getting my things back from South Pole, so unless someone lends me or donates an XBox 360 pad w/ the PC adapter, this work is on hold until further notice. You can track my belongings here http://www.auroraexpeditions.com.au/ships/where-are-our-ships ;)
  • »02.04.13 - 20:37
    Profile Visit Website
  • MorphOS Developer
    jacadcaps
    Thanks to a donation from one of the users, the development should resume next week :)
  • »05.04.13 - 17:45
    Profile Visit Website
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    Fraggle
    LOL, I literally JUST smashed one to smithereens because the rumble kept bluescreening windows!
    Fraggle
  • »06.04.13 - 13:49
  • MorphOS Developer
    jacadcaps
    The driver is now generally complete. The screenshot illustrates a generic test app for the new HID sensors API:

http://dreamolers.binaryriot.org/priv/xbox_sensors.png
  • »18.04.13 - 21:57
    Profile Visit Website
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    Acill
    I just plugged a 360 wired pad into my MOS 3.2 system. It doesnt seem to do anything. Poseidon can see it, but nothing works with it.
    Powermac Dual 2.0 GHZ G5 PCI-X (Registration #1894)
    Powerbook 1.67GHZ
    Powermac Dual 2.0 GHZ G5 PCIE (Registration #6130)
    A4000T CSPPC, Mediator
    Need Repairs, upgrades or a recap in the USA? Visit my website at http://www.acill.com
  • »07.06.13 - 22:48
    Profile Visit Website
  • Just looking around
    jollyjoker
    Hello,
    I tried it with an original wired XBox360 Pad. It failed.

There was no Class Binding in Poseidon. It was not possible to choose the Class manually, because the Class is not in the List. The 360 Pad Class File is present in the right folder.
  • »08.06.13 - 13:26
  • MorphOS Developer
    geit
    Quote:

jollyjoker wrote:
    Hello,

There was no Class Binding in Poseidon. It was not possible to choose the Class manually, because the Class is not in the List. The 360 Pad Class File is present in the right folder.

Right, you may need to add it manually and save. Once poseidon is aware of the class, it will bind it.

Geit
  • »08.06.13 - 13:37
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    Acill
    Quote:

geit wrote:
    Quote:

jollyjoker wrote:
    Hello,

Right, you may need to add it manually and save. Once poseidon is aware of the class, it will bind it.

Geit

How do you add it manualy? I am having the same problem.
    Powermac Dual 2.0 GHZ G5 PCI-X (Registration #1894)
    Powerbook 1.67GHZ
    Powermac Dual 2.0 GHZ G5 PCIE (Registration #6130)
    A4000T CSPPC, Mediator
    Need Repairs, upgrades or a recap in the USA? Visit my website at http://www.acill.com
  • »08.06.13 - 20:49
    Profile Visit Website
  • MorphOS Developer
    Henes
    MorphOS preferences -> USB -> Classes -> Dir Scan

"Dir Scan" should have found the xbox360.class and added it to the "Available USB Classes" list. If the file was copied at the right place.

Now you can click "Save" and replug your xbox360 controler. The USB prefs will show it bound to the "xbox360" class.
    Please be aware that, for now, it will only work with the games using the new "sensors" API. I understand TORCS might be part of them.
  • »09.06.13 - 12:18
    Profile Visit Website
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    realstar
    Hi. I am attempting to use a wired MadCatz XBox360 controller with MorphOS 3.2 Xbox360.class binding but it doesn't seem to be working. When I insert the controller it comes up as MadCatz 360. Under Bindings heading it reads 'xbox360.class'. Under Class it reads 'Vendor'. If I click on Settings nothing appears to configure the controller. The '1' light appears solid as though the controller is recognized.

Here is an image of the information window for the controller.

x360.jpg

------ Edit ---------

Ahhh it actually does seem to be returning usable values to Torcs so maybe it's working after all. However is there supposed to be a settings window where you can configure or remap the inputs somehow?

Is there a way to redirect inputs from the xbox360 class to lowlevel.library or make it act like a HID USB Gamepad device? or does it specifically need to be supported by each program that wants to use the 360 pad through sensors.library? Is there a small example of using sensors.library to read some inputs anywhere?

[ Edited by realstar 11.07.2013 - 03:00 ]
  • »11.07.13 - 09:25
    Profile Visit Website
    BSzili
    TORCS and Speed Dreams both support sensors.library, but you have to calibrate the joystick before you could use it. (This is true to lowlevel.library joyticks too.)
    AFAIK there's no way to "redirect" input from xbox360.class to lowlevel.library, you can only access it via sensors.library.
  • »11.07.13 - 10:05
    Profile Visit Website
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    realstar
    Yes I got it working ok in Torcs after calibrating. I guess I will attempt to add support to my projects now. Guess I'll start by reading through the auto-docs and headers for this library and see if I can read in some inputs.
  • »11.07.13 - 10:24
    Profile Visit Website
    BSzili
    jacadcaps has an example program on how to use sensors.library joysticks. I also have some usable code in PLIB, but it's ugly, because I had to poll the sensors instead of the much nicer notification-based approach. I could send you them, if you are interested.
  • »11.07.13 - 10:33
    Profile Visit Website
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    realstar
    Yes. Please do send whatever examples you can provide to my email that would be great. Thanks.
  • »11.07.13 - 11:19
    Profile Visit Website
  • MorphOS Developer
    jacadcaps
    Quote:

realstar wrote:
    Yes. Please do send whatever examples you can provide to my email that would be great. Thanks.

The upcoming MorphOS SDK update will of course have the required docs and samples.
  • »12.07.13 - 06:23
    Profile Visit Website