• Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    amigadave
    I think I read all the posts in this thread, but just to be sure I understood all of them, I am going to ask this question, which may seem to be a stupid question.

Are there any SATA controllers which can be installed in a G4 PowerMac that will still allow MorphOS2.7 to boot, either from the SATA controller connected hard drive, or SSD, or if not from the SATA controller, can MorphOS still boot from one of the IDE controllers of the PowerMac?

From what I have read in this thread, it appears that MorphOS cannot boot if any of these Mac supported SATA PCI cards are even installed in the G4 PowerMac, but they do work if installed in a Pegasos1, or Pegasos2. Is this correct?

Also, it appears that Jim is using a PCI SCSI card to use SCSI2, or SCSI3 drives for MorphOS. Is this correct? I have a box of 80pin SCSI drives that I would like to use in any of my computers, which are supposedly fast drives. I purchased them with the intent to use as NewTek Video Toaster/Flyer video editing drives, but have not yet taken the time to swap them with my existing 9gb drives in my external SCSI towers.

Can someone summarize this thread and explain what PCI controller cards and hard drives, or SSD's, can currently be used in any of the G4 PowerMacs for running MorphOS2.7?

[ Edited by amigadave 14.04.2012 - 13:30 ]
    MorphOS - The best Next Gen Amiga choice.
  • »15.04.12 - 00:29