• Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    amigadave
    minator,
    Quote:

How about thousands of people who like trying things like small boards or ...alternative operating systems?

Yes, if hundreds of thousands of people are going to buy one of these things and then find that they don't like the only operating system currently ported to it, they might be very interested in looking at MorphOS, which could bring us more MorphOS users and developers.

I don't know if the potential prospect of gaining a few new MorphOS users and possibly 3 to 10 new MorphOS developers by doing a port of MorphOS to the Raspberry Pi is worth the effort it would take to complete the port, unless the MorphOS Dev. Team has already decided that they want to port to the ARM architecture regardless of the Raspberry Pi port or not. I don't know how long such a port would take, because timing of getting MorphOS released on the Raspberry Pi would be a key factor to the success of getting many owners to try MorphOS. If the port of MorphOS could not be completed quick enough, the initial "Buzz" around the Raspberry Pi could die down by then and it would be much harder to get enough Raspberry Pi owners to notice and want to try MorphOS on their new "Toy".

Personally, I don't think the "Buzz" around the Raspberry Pi will be as strong as it is today, a year from now, or two years from now.
    MorphOS - The best Next Gen Amiga choice.
  • »17.03.12 - 19:14