• Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    amigadave
    Quote:

XDelusion wrote:
    I recently purchased a Pi 2 B, and am UTTERLY impressed! I can run 99% of my giant PSX catalog without any major issues what so ever. Debian runs pretty darn good on it, and it can play BlueRay quality videos. Considering how well MorphOS actually works on the Efika (despite it's very very limited RAM), I can see now reason why the PI 2 could now allow for MorphOS to fully shine, UAE4All and everything.

Imagine a $35 MorphOS computer (minus case, power supply, HDMI cord, Keyboard, Mouse, and Wifi dongle.)
    Now to only consider what small, low cost ARM based computers will be on the market should MorphOS decide to go the ARM route and eventually make the move. The Pi 2 B will probably be outdated by then at the and surpassed by better hardware at the same price.

I know what you mean. I also purchased a Raspberry Pi 2, and believe that done correctly, a completely new version of MorphOS for ARM architecture (if also implemented with memory protection and SMP) would rock on the Raspberry Pi 2.

Following up on my earlier post in this thread, I sincerely believe that the MorphOS Dev. Team could make an ARM version of MorphOS using the Linux kernel, AND make this new NG version of MorphOS able to run Linux software through some kind of wrapper or layer, that would instantly give the new version of MorphOS tons of software to run, but still look and feel like the MorphOS we have come to love and respect. Weather the new MorphOS needs something like Wine to run Linux software, or some other method does not matter. I have confidence that the MorphOS Dev. Team could make something that is NOT just another Linux distribution that looks like MorphOS, but a realy NG version of MorphOS that is also capable of somehow running most Linux software.

IMO, this would be a killer version of MorphOS, which would make all other AmigaNG platforms obsolete, as I am sure that the MorphOS Dev. Team could do this better and faster than the people currently working on AEROS, which is basically the same idea.
    MorphOS - The best Next Gen Amiga choice.
  • »05.09.15 - 23:08