kvm switches
  • Just looking around
    cyb3rjunki3
    is it possible to use a usb kvm switch with MorphOS and Windows 7 and if so what do you recomend
  • »19.12.11 - 03:23
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    amigadave
    I don't have Windows7, but use a DVI KVM switch with MorphOS on my G4 PowerMac and another computer and it works fine without any drivers installed.
    MorphOS - The best Next Gen Amiga choice.
  • »19.12.11 - 05:12
  • Caterpillar
    Caterpillar
    corpsicle
    I use a cheapo KVM.
    TRENDNET TRENDnet TK-407K 4-port USB KVM Switch Kit (TK-407K)
    Im using this with one PC ( windows 7 ), one sam440ep ( os4 ), one g4 mac mini ( morphos ) and one a1200 ( os3.1 ).
    The a1200 does not have keyboard or mouse connected, just the vga out of my DCE flickermagic.
    os4 and win7 seemed to have no problems whatsoever with kvm switching back and forth.
    Morphos just straight hung when i switched away and then back.
    With some help from Geit on irc i plugged a usb hub into the mac mini and then the kvm into the usb hub ( mouse into kvm ), and that stopped the hanging.
    However poseidon still seems to have problems finding the mouse, but just switching away and back again solves it 99% of the times.
    Note again that this is a _cheap_ KVM, not the best you can find by any stretch, but it works.
    The design is a bit horrible, with fat vga connectors poking out of every direction so it looks like a massive ugly octopus or something on your desk.
  • »19.12.11 - 15:13
    Profile Visit Website
  • Just looking around
    cyb3rjunki3
    thanx guys, i have seen the one you mention corpsicle and good to know it works
  • »20.12.11 - 00:52