• Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    minator
    Quote:

Until then, I prefer that MorphOS stay as it is now, on PPC hardware, either used Mac's like they have been supporting, or if cost effective, possibly on custom, or embedded PPC hardware in the future. As long as they can provide the functionality that we all want & need when using the available PPC architecture, I see no reason to switch to any other architecture, just because everyone else has already done so.

There's nothing wrong with the chips or the boards but in the minute volumes you have you there will be no alternative but to pay X1000 style prices for them. I'd say that's a pretty big reason.

Do you really want to pay top dollar for a machine which will be beaten by a phone in the next couple of years? Then Indian $35 tablet will soon have better hardware!

Changing platform is an opportunity. It's going to break compatibility so why not do it properly and add all the stuff that's been missing - (memory protection, SMP etc, etc...).

It'll take time, but changing platform will give you cheap, powerful hardware *and* a potentially much upgraded OS.

[ Edited by minator 12.04.2012 - 22:40 ]
  • »13.04.12 - 00:38
    Profile Visit Website