• Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    amigadave
    I doubt there would be any interest to create a PPC accelerator for the Natami, as the focus of the project is to make the best 68k Amiga experience, not the most advanced Amiga w/PPC experience. It is a retro project, not something to compete directly with MorphOS, or AOS4.x.

By "Wave", I meant maybe a small surge of 15 to 20 new 68k Amiga programs in the first 12 to 18 months, from people that used to do 68k Assembly coding and want to experience that feeling again, and the Natami will be something new to give them some incentive to go back in time and again enjoy creating something for the Amiga. With the faster blitter, more Chip RAM and tons (for an Amiga) of Fast RAM, plus the addition of the SuperAGA instructions, it will be possible to do new things on the Natami that were not possible on other Amiga systems (even WinUAE).

I am not expecting a "Second Coming", or "Resurrection" of the Amiga to it's glory days. Just another small group that might create something different and interesting over time with this new tool called the Natami. A niche within a niche and nobody can yet predict how many Natami systems will be produced or sold in the future (if any), or if it will ever be finished. Just another interesting project to keep an eye on and wait patiently to see if anything can come out of their long hours of work.
    MorphOS - The best Next Gen Amiga choice.
  • »19.06.11 - 04:57