• MorphOS Developer
    itix
    Cant comment others but here are my thoughts:

a) Constantly adding new features from years to years delaying project forever.

b) Enhanced planar chipset but nobody is banging the hw anymore. I dont know what current specs are but anything below 1920x1200x32 without full HW acceleration is so last season. Some Amiga users probably love it, though.

Quote:

If they are successful, it would probably open up many new programming possibilities for 68k code that could match some PPC programs, and since many Amiga programmers did not make the jump from 68k to PPC coding, we might see a new wave of applications and games for 68k machines and the Natami in particular, after the Natami is released for sale to the general public (if ever).

I would say that selling, lets say, 300 boards wouldnt make much difference.

Quote:

Also, is programming for the 68k really easier than for PPC, or is it just that many programmers did not want to learn to code for the new CPU, after becoming comfortable with 68k coding?

It does not really matter are you coding for 68k or PPC. 68k asm is easier than PPC but really nobody is coding in machine language anymore. When coding in C/C++ there isnt much difference. Porting 68k code to PPC is very easy and vice versa.

But you can already run demanding 68k applications in WinUAE (and there is software that is too slow for real Amigas).
    1 + 1 = 3 with very large values of 1
  • »17.06.11 - 22:15