• Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    amigadave
    Could someone please summarize the doubts, or concerns that Piru and others have regarding the viability of the Natami project? Preferably without providing links to the previous statements, just a quick list of why Piru and perhaps some others here have had, or still have doubts about the Natami team reaching their goals with the project. Which parts of their plans seem to be unrealistic, or unachievable, and why? Is it the lack of demonstrated skill level and understanding of what they are trying to do, or is there some set of facts that will prevent the Natami team from completing their goals, such as a design flaw that Piru and others here are aware of, but the Natami team is denying would be a stumbling block?

With the completion of the MX board design and production of several units for testing by the team, it appears that they are making progress and have many features working already.

As much as I enjoy and admire the work that has created MorphOS2.x, I am also interested in seeing the Natami project completed and wondering what level of compatibility they will be able to achieve, at a speed that is 30 to 100+ times faster than any previous Classic Amiga models. If they are successful, it would probably open up many new programming possibilities for 68k code that could match some PPC programs, and since many Amiga programmers did not make the jump from 68k to PPC coding, we might see a new wave of applications and games for 68k machines and the Natami in particular, after the Natami is released for sale to the general public (if ever).

Just curious what Piru and others here think about the Natami project now, after some progress has been shown and the MX board has been finalized.

Also, is programming for the 68k really easier than for PPC, or is it just that many programmers did not want to learn to code for the new CPU, after becoming comfortable with 68k coding? I understand that programming in many languages would be no different when the target CPU is the 68k, or PPC, since the compiler would do most, or all of the work to make the code run on any supported hardware and/or OS.

[ Edited by amigadave 17.06.2011 - 13:37 ]
    MorphOS - The best Next Gen Amiga choice.
  • »17.06.11 - 21:32