• Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    Andreas_Wolf
    > That kind of math is still just rumor

I'd call it logical deduction.

> I won't rule out the possibility of 2.8 supporting the G4 PowerBook's.

Me neither. Zylesea's recent statement could be a hint that the MorphOS Team's plans have changed in that regard. That's what I said.

> Basing your prediction on statements which are "supposed" to come in 2.8, or
    > "supposed" to come after faster drivers, does not mean much to me.

I didn't mention any "statements which are "supposed" to come in 2.8, or "supposed" to come after faster drivers". Why should MorphOS 2.8 contain statements? Why should statements "come after faster drivers"? This doesn't even make any sense to me.
    As for "predicting", I'm not predicting anything. I'm merely reporting what was said by MorphOS Team members in November 2010 in Bad Bramstedt and drawing logical conclusions from this. What's wrong with that as long as we don't have any better information from the MorphOS Team?

> plans change

Yes, plans may change. That's what I said.

> and those statements are old and indefinite.

Yes, but we don't have anything more recent or precise, do we? (Apart from Zylesea's statement who's not a MorphOS Team member that is.)

> You might be right and the Team members who made those statements
    > stuck to those plans of what was "supposed" to happen

Huh? Please don't put words into my mouth. I never said I thought they stucked to those plans. Quite to the contrary. When I stumbled upon Zylesea's comment on aw.net I was the first to suspect that the old plan that was valid in November 2010 may have changed by now.

> there could be just as likely a chance that development has been faster,
    > or slower on one or more parts and plans have changed.

Yes, that's what *I* right in this very thread suspected may have happened. So don't pretend I didn't do that.

> We shall see, when some real announcements are made on
    > the official MorphOS Development Team website.

Yes, and until that happens the best we have is still what was publically said by MorphOS Team members in November 2010.
  • »01.06.11 - 06:20