• Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    Andreas_Wolf
    > My primary interest is still Freescale's soon to be released
    > P5020DS evaluation board.

Maybe this could be an alternative (although they're obviously confused about the core in the P5):

Press release:
    "Emerson Network Power [...] is announcing the [...] COMX-P5020 modules [...] The COMX-P5020 module features Freescale's first offerings with the 64-bit, e500mc core, the Freescale QorIQ P5020 dual-core processor operating at 2.0 GHz to target control plane and compute applications that require high single-threaded performance. All modules support one or two channels of 2GB DDR-1333 ECC SO-UDIMM and have 12 configurable SERDES lanes available for maximum flexibility. Highly flexible I/O includes 10G-XAUI, SRIO, GPIO, USB 2.0, PCI Express, Gigabit Ethernet, and real-time debug."

Resources:
    - product page
    - data sheet

If I read the block diagram on page 2 of the data sheet correctly it seems that the COMX-P5020 (as opposed to Freescale's P5020DS) actually can provide an 'x4 x4 x4' PCIe configuration and at the same time provide lanes for the two SATA controllers.

A quick glance on the system:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hyKd9ptwwWI

More information on the COMX-CAR-P1 carrier board for the COMX-P5020 module can be found on page 17 of this document.
  • »23.06.11 - 01:45