• Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    connor
    Quote:

Papiosaur wrote:
    Blu-ray support will be a new excellent feature for MorphOS i think too.

I think it's not important enough. Most people use streams for many years, so few people buy discs.
    Blu ray playxer and disc sales go down from year to year.
    Quote:

Via external Blu-Ray writer USB Maybe?

better SATA (internal) because it is faster
    Quote:

Watch films, extract audio and video, mix and burn new video projects.

Our CPUs are too weak. Maybe G5 is acceptable but on anything else it is not fun. They are too slow for that.
    Quote:

Realize DVD presentation with Hollywood Designer with some videos and burn...

that could only be watched useful on G5 or non Amiga platforms because they have better CPUs. Maybe GPU can help to speed it up. I don't know if bigfoots driver can do that. But I would say that the priority for this should be selected very low.
    Quote:

Save big size of data, pictures, archives, etc.

We don't have any good filesystem for that. SFS cannot store files biggfer than almost 4GB (maybe that's enough for your case but not for bigger video files for example). IceFS can store bigger files but it has so many bugs that you risk to loose your files (drive becomes very slow, and creates a lot of read and write errors). IceFS bugs have not been fixed for many years, so I think it is dead. Maybe best for this is to store on NTFS or extfs. Or ExFAT. They are not Amiga filesystems but can hold bigger files.

Also our filesystems have limits with international files. For example you cannot store files with international names correctly (files with Greek names, Arabic names, Chinese names ...) because we don't have enough Unicode support. And theyy can have only 107 characters in their filename. But media files, archives, versions etc. often have longer filenames in my environment and when I work with them on the Amiga the names are cut to 107 charactrers and when I bring them back to the server and use them with Linux or Windows then the filenames are more broken because Amiga limited it. So in the end I better not even start to use them on the Amiga which is a pity because if I could then this would be a big advantage for me.
  • »10.11.23 - 11:21