• Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    amigadave
    @Trev,

Thanks for the reply, I will look again at the "themacelite.wikidot.com/wikidownloads2" page for the files I need, but I did not see a 128mb VRAM 8500 file there the last time I looked and have already received one reply in another thread that the 64mb VRAM 8500 card bios file does not work properly with my 128mb VRAM 8500 card.

I have not yet received my 9700Pro card, so have not had the opportunity to try to re-flash it with the OEM, Modified, or Reduced bios files shown on that page. If anyone else has already re-flashed a card similar or the same as the one I am getting, I would appreciate their feedback on which file they used and any other pertinent info regarding their experience and usage after the re-flash.

As for your statement regarding how the "PCI specification labels expansion ROM code", that is interesting and might be useful to some people, but the average user that is going to the Internet to shop for a replacement video card to put into their G4 PowerMac, is not likely to use that specification label in their search. The average user is going to look for video cards that were originally used in Mac computers (and will have to pay a premium for such cards), or they will look for cards that were used in computers running Windows or Linux, or labeled as PC, or x86 compatible. If you do such searches, you will see, as I did, on all of the ATI boxes and most if not all specifications listed in sale or auction listings, that these "PC", or "x86" cards are listed as Windows video cards.

Why certain people feel they need to comment in a thread that they have no actual experience with, to criticize my use of the word Windows to describe these video cards is a mystery to me, unless it is for the sole intent to violate the forum posting guidelines here and try to bait me into a response and confrontation, which I will not do with someone I have no respect for.

And why would you want to be pendantic, we already have enough of that behavior here.

[ Edited by amigadave on 2010/11/21 18:16 ]
    MorphOS - The best Next Gen Amiga choice.
  • »22.11.10 - 02:12