• Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    amigadave
    Quote:

Oepabakkes wrote:
    Cheapest way to get an MDD is getting one with a broken PSU and swap it for an atx one. Buying another (overpriced) second hand PSU, is like playing Russian roulette. Apparently the original PSU were that good.

Also on Ebay Germany I see MDDs going for 150+

I just want another case... and yes the trapdoor is nice, but how much should you have to open your case if all is installed and working ok ?

[ Edited by Oepabakkes on 2010/11/17 23:44 ]

After thinking about it more (and looking at my G4 PowerMac case), I agree that it is ugly and the fact that it opens so easily is not that important after it is set up the way you want it. Having a nice new case to put the PowerMac mobo into would be a nice option, but I can't see myself doing it, unless 1. it is an easy fit without too much hacking and cutting of the new case to make the mobo fit inside properly, 2. the new case is not too expensive, 3. the new case has as much room for drives as my existing PowerMac case, or more room so I could have both a floppy drive connected to my Catweasel Mk4 card and my current ZIP 750mb optical drive installed at the same time, plus room for 2 or 3 hard drives (this would be a good reason for me to switch), and 4. the new case could provide cooling that is as good, or better than my PowerMac case at a lower noise level (another big reason to attempt the switch to a new case).
    MorphOS - The best Next Gen Amiga choice.
  • »18.11.10 - 21:23