• Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    amigadave
    Quote:

SoundSquare wrote:
    at first glance maybe, but the form factor is very different. I only heard of one guy doing that and he spent hours with his dremel to try to fit the motherboard in the atx case, and the result was an absolutely ugly frankenmac.
    Adapting an ATX power supply is way more easy, there is tons of links and even videos about it on the web.

That is good to know since replacement Apple PSU's can be way too expensive.

On the topic of putting an MDD into a different case, I can't imagine why anyone would want to do that, unless they are just Apple/Mac haters and don't want anyone to know they are using any Apple hardware at all, so they are trying to hide it in another case. One of the best things about the G4 PowerMacs is the unique case design that is so easy to open and access the drives, RAM and PCI cards in seconds. I don't disagree with anyone having the desire to customize the looks of their PowerMac to identify it as a MorphOS computer now, but moving it to another case is a bit extreme in my opinion.
    MorphOS - The best Next Gen Amiga choice.
  • »17.11.10 - 16:24