• Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    Jambalah
    Hi everyone!
    I have a Quicksilver 2002 in wich I have installed Mac OS X Tiger and prepared the hard disk for MorphOS installation. I followed the Jacadcaps guide to do this, applying the little mod, as suggested by Boot_wb: I created two 30 m partition to use one of them with MorphOS boot.img and the other for a Linux system loader.
    So I created two 30 meg partitions, two 20,61 giga partitions (one for MorphOS, one for MacOS), one 16,70 giga partition for Linux and one 17,85 giga partiton for swap.
    Installed Mac OS and rebooted with MorphOS 2.6 cd in.
    Once loaded, I started IWizard and followed instructions til the IWizard - Storage window. I selected manual configuration and clicked on continue and the window showed the partitions I've created with alot more and everything doubled!
    If I run HDConfig I see four 28 k partitions, three 256 k partitions, two 30 meg partitions, one 128 meg partition and the 20,61 giga partition, another 128 meg and 20,61 giga partitions, the two linux partitions with the two 128 mega partitions and last one 8 k partition.
    Everything is selectable and modifiable without problem but when the partitions are showed in IWizard - Storage they become eight 28 k, six 256 k and so on. The only two partitions selectable and modifiable are the linux partitions. For all the others I obtain an "Invalid layout" error and I can't modify anyting so the installation can't go on.
    What is wrong? Or what I did it wrong?
    Why I have that strange hard disk configuration with all those mini partitions?
    THanks in advance!
    Pegasos II 1 ghz
    Powermac G4 Quicksilver with Sonnet Encore 1.8 ghz
    Powermac G4 MDD single 1.25 ghz, silenced for ears health...
    Powermac G5 dual 2.7 ghz I'll be back...
    Powermac G5 dual 2.0 ghz
    Powerbook G4 1.67 ghz 17
  • »31.10.10 - 13:41